MojoMuesli for the Paleo Clean Eating Gypsy


My Mum gave me a recipe for a completely clean-eating-paleo muesli that I've tweaked into something I like to call "MojoMuesli". The main difference to this granola-style mix and a muesli you buy in a package is that there are no oats and it is completely clean - with only natural sweeteners and berries to add a little more flavour... The best part is you can keep this mix on hand and use it in a variety of ways... Like bars, protein balls, crumble toppings for baked apples... The list is endless!

Once you try this, you can tweak the recipe yourself - add more cinnamon or vanilla essence, use apricots instead of berries, change up the nuts etc... Get creative!

MOJO MUESLI
[Paleo & Clean Eating]
This will make just over a jar - probably about 6 servings

1 x Cup Cashews
1 x Cup Sunflower Seeds
1 x Cup Coconut Flakes
1 x Cup Slivered Almonds
1/2 x Cup Hazelnuts
1/2 x Cup Walnuts

1+1/2 x Cup Almond Meal
1 x Cup Organic Berry Mix
1/2 x Cup Diced Dried Baby Figs
1/2 x Cup Dessicated Coconut

1tsp vanilla essence
1 TBSP x Cinnamon
1 x TBSP Coconut Oil
2 x TBSP Raw Honey
Pinch of salt

METHOD
Pre-heat oven to 180 C
Crush all the large sized nuts and mix together in a bowl with the berries, almond meal and coconut.
Add the cinnamon, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt to taste.
Heat the coconut oil and honey until melted and stir through evenly so everything is coated.
Spread the mixture out evenly on baking paper on a tray.
Toast in the oven for 10 minutes - or less if you see it turning a light golden brown.

Serve with extra fruit and almond milk. If you want to keep with the whole Paleo thing, avoid adding yoghurt or other dairy...

I've been getting into the idea of a Paleo lifestyle lately... it's not something I can commit to completely right now, but I like it's ideals, so I pick and choose the recipes and foods that work for me whenever I can. If you haven't heard of Paleo before - check these guys out over at The Wellness Couch... That Paleo Show is a great podcast to introduce you to the ideas of Paleo.






1 peeps said something:

  1. I'm a bit of a Paleo fan, though I do balance out with some grains at times. The ingredients are on my shopping list today, can't wait to try this one out. So many yummy things in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - follow me on twitter & instagram for stuff on the go - I'm under @MorganJoanel x